DSA Assessment Tools*
* All participating DSA staff members must complete at least two loop-closing OKRs
Advancing Assessment: As-needed Presentations
Schedule department-specific professional development presentations:
(Send requests to email@example.com)
No Time? That's ok. The presentation visual aids are provided below in PDF form:
Assessment Texts and Digital Resources:
- Bresciani et al. (2009). Demonstrating student success: A practical guide to outcomes-based assessment of learning
and development in student affairs. Stylus Publishing, Sterling, VA.
- Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (2015). CAS professional
standards for higher education (9th ed.). Washington, DC. (link)
- *Henning, G. W. & Roberts, D. (2016). Student affairs assessment: Theory to practice. Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing.
- Keeling. et al. (2004). Learning Reconsidered: A campus-wide focus on the student experience. (link)
- *Keeling, et al. (2006). Learning Reconsidered 2: A practical guide to implementing
a campus-wide focus on the student experience. (link)
- Kuh, G. D. et al. (2015). Using evidence of student learning to improve higher education.
Jossey-Bass, San Fransisco, CA.
- *Schuh, J. H., et al. (2009). Assessment Methods for Student Affairs. Jossey-Bass,
San Francisco, CA.
- The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges Website (link)
- Sukie (2009). Assessing student learning: A common sense guide.
- Yousey-Elsener (2013). Assessment fundamentals: The ABC’s of assessment
*denotes suggested resources for first-timers or for those looking for refreshers.