Faculty and staff play a unique role in the sustainability movement at the University
of Southern Mississippi.
Contact the Office of Sustainability to:
- Learn about implementing sustainability curriculum into the classroom.
- Promote and attend the EcoEagle Film and Lecture series whenever you can!
Tips and Tricks
Help ease the burden on the environment in your own way by following the pointers
- Organize a carpool to lessen carbon emissions, and save gas money and parking spaces.
- Keep your car tires inflated at all times so your car can run more on less gas.
- Ride a bike or walk whenever you can.
In the classroom:
- If you are an instructor, encourage students to take notes on computers whenever possible
and to print assignments on both sides of the paper.
- Use recycled paper.
- Remember to turn off lights in classrooms when you leave.
In the workplace or office:
- Conserve paper by using both sides.
- Whenever possible, use your printer’s low-quality setting to save ink.
- Go digital! Instead of printing pages online, bookmark them; try to edit on screen
instead of on paper.
- Use e-mail to reduce paper use.