College of Arts and Sciences
Awards and Honors
CAS Annual Awards Banquet
Recognizing distinguished faculty and staff for their accomplishments in creative and scholarly research, teaching, advising and mentoring, and service. In addition, we are pleased to highlight our Outstanding Alumnus of the Year.
Each year, CAS awards travel and research funding to a select number of faculty members.
The CAS Faculty Research Grant is a competitive funding opportunity open to all full-time,
permanent faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences. The CAS Faculty Research Grant
may be used to support a wide range of research or creative activities, including
stand-alone research endeavors and pilot projects whose purpose is to help secure
future funding from external sources. The 2023 competition will award six (6) Faculty
Research Grants of $2,000 each.
Faculty Travel Award
The CAS faculty travel award provides funding to faculty members and staff who present their research or creative/artistic work at conferences, meetings, and other professional events. For the 2023-2024 academic year, these events can be either virtual or face-to-face.
Deadline: Friday, February 16 at 5 p.m. (This award will cover eligible travel from March 1 through August 31, 2024.)
To apply for this award, you'll need to:
- Fill out the application template. Click here to download the application template.
- When you download the template, save a copy to your computer. After filling out the application template, save it as a (.pdf) file.
- Click here to submit your application.
- T.W. Bennett Distinguished Professorship
- Moorman Distinguished Professorship
- General Blount Professorship