The Center for Behavioral Health does not have the resources to provide emergency services or walk-in appointments.
Here are some contacts to be aware of in the event of an emergency:
- If you have an emergency where you or someone else is in immediate danger, call 911 immediately.
- If you are not in immediate danger but are experiencing thoughts of suicide, call the National Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988.
- For rapid access to mental health services in the community, call Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources at 601.544.4641.
- The Shafer Center for Crisis Intervention assists victims of sexual assault and the survivors of homicide and suicide. They can be reached at 601.264.7777.
- The Domestic Abuse Family Shelter operates a 24-hour statewide crisis line at 800.649.1092 and shelters in Hattiesburg and Laurel for victims of domestic violence.
- Mississippi Child Protective Services serves to promote child and family well-being. Their child abuse hotline is 800.222.8000. This number can be used to report child abuse. The National hotline can be called 24/7 at 1.800.4.A.CHILD.
- The MS Adult Protective Services (APS) includes a MS Division of Aging and Adult Services. APS serves to protect individuals from vulnerable populations, ages 18 and up. The MS division can be reached at 601.359.4929. The national Vulnerable Person Abuse Hotline is 844.437.6282.
For 24/7 Mental Health Support: Call or text 988