Did you know there is a program administered through Southern Miss Career Services dedicated to helping students find part-time off-campus employment opportunities?
The primary goal of the Job Location and Development (JLD) program is to locate and develop off-campus job opportunities for currently enrolled Southern Miss students regardless of financial need.
* Personal assistance from the JLD Coordinator
* Learn how to navigate Handshake for job search needs
* Receive job search and interview tips including resume help.
* Earn money to supplement living costs while enrolled.
* Build resume with relevant professional experience
* Develop useful skills that can benefit you in future employment.
* Get ahead in the job market by connecting with employers and building a network of contacts.
* Obtain 3+ years experience before receiving your degree.
JLD is run through the Career Services Center. To utilize this service, you have two options:
1. Visit the Career Services website at usm.edu/career-services and click on Handshake. From there, you can either log on and search for opportunities or register and create an account to access the service. From this site you are able to search off-campus job opportunities.
2. Schedule an appointment with the JLD coordinator in the Career Services Center. He or she will be able to help navigate you through the website and find an off-campus opportunity that best suits you.
When you schedule an appointment, you can also receive help with other aspects of the job search process, such as the following:
* Resume preparation
* Cover letter review
* Interviewing techniques
Follow us on social media:
Twitter and Instagram: @usmstudentwork
Email us at jldFREEMississippi