Advance Your Career — Become an Educational Leader!
Our M.Ed., Ed.S., Ph.D., and Ed.D. programs prepare individuals for success as entry-level educational administrators (e.g., principals, assistant principals), and advanced district level administrators (e.g., superintendents, assistant superintendents, program coordinators) and those interested in becoming university professors and researchers. Courses are also available for non-degree students interested in satisfying requirements for license renewal. With several completely online degree options, our fully accredited programs are designed for working professionals wishing to advance their careers in education!
The School of Education teacher education and Educational Administration programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education. All programs are accredited by the State of Mississippi Process and Performance Review.
What Will I Learn?
Our Educational Administration P-12 Programs are a top choice for educators who aspire to become P-12 school leaders or to advance their existing school leadership careers.
As an educational administration student, you will:
- Explore leadership theories
- Learn the fundamentals of effective school leadership
- Learn to supervise teachers
- Analyze data to inform school decision making
- Understand school budgeting and finance
- Work with school leaders through supervised internships
Faculty Specialization Areas
Our faculty comprises a diverse array of active researchers who have previously held positions as school superintendents, deputy state superintendents, and P-12 administrators of top performing Mississippi school districts.
|Education (Educational Administration P-12) EdD||Hattiesburg, Online 100%|
|Education (Educational Administration P-12) PhD||Hattiesburg, Hattiesburg Hybrid|
|Education (Educational Administration P-12) EdS||Hattiesburg, Hattiesburg Hybrid, Online 100%|
|Educational Administration and Supervision MEd||Gulf Park Hybrid, Online 100%|
- Principal, Assistant Principal
- Special Education Director, Athletic Director
- Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent
- Personnel Director, Federal Programs Director
- Curriculum Coordinator, Program Coordinator
- University Professor or Researcher
- Undray Scott, 2016,
Assistant Superintendent, Rankin County School District
- Dr. Carla Evers, 2011,
Superintendent, Pass Christian School District
- Dr. Cherie Labat, 2003,
Superintendent, Columbus School District
- Dr. Steven Hampton, 2016,
Principal, Petal High School, Petal School District
- Dr. Robert Williams, 2008,
Superintendent, Hattiesburg Public Schools