Gulf Park Fitness Center
119 Beach Park Place
Long Beach, MS 39560
FITNESS COORDINATOR: William Jinske, William.JinskeFREEMississippi
The Gulf Park Fitness Center on the Gulf Park campus is housed in a two-building,
4,323-square-foot complex featuring cardio machines, free weights, outdoor exercise
apparatus, functional training equipment and group exercise classes. A variety of
Group Exercise classes are available to members at no extra charge and include such
classes as High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), Yoga, Zumba and Pound.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
The Gulf Park Fitness Center is open seven days a week, with the exception of holidays. Fitness Center members must use their USM ID to swipe their card to gain entrance into the center from Friday through Sunday. Members will need to sign a waiver in order to obtain weekend-use privileges.
Monday-Thursday 6 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. *with signed weekend release and USM ID swipe access
Saturday 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. *with signed weekend release and USM ID swipe access
Sunday 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. *with signed weekend release and USM ID swipe access
The Gulf Park Fitness Center offers a variety of state of the art commercial exercise equipment, including:
- Complete circuit of selectorized strength equipment
- A variety of dumbbells
- Free weights
- Lifting benches
- Recumbent and upright bikes
- Cross trainers & accessories such as plyo-boxes
- Yoga mats
- Hand weights
- Battle ropes
The Gulf Park Fitness Center offers a variety of fitness and recreational special events throughout the year. Our special events include but are not limited to:
- Golden Eagle Activity Addicts cardiovascular incentive program
- Last Man/Woman Standing
- 5K Run/Walk
- Cardio Bingo
- Golden Eagle Half-Century Club incentive program
- Co-Rec Beach Volleyball Challenge and Co-Rec Golden Eagle Kickball Tournament
- Functional Fitness Challenge Course: Located in the green space between the Fitness Center's Strength and Cardio buildings.
- Basketball and Tennis Courts: Located northwest of the Auditorium next to the Physical Plant building on campus.
- Disc Golf Course: Located directly north of the Science Building in the green space on campus periodically used for overflow parking.
- Outdoor Equipment: The Gulf Park Fitness Center offers a wide variety of equipment for check-out at no cost to Fitness Center members. Equipment available includes, but is not limited to: paddleboards, bicycles with helmet, basketballs, footballs, tennis rackets and balls, soccer balls, etc. In addition, kayaks are available for check-out by contacting Devin Bellman, Volunteer Services/Community Outreach, at 228.214.3400 or via email at Devin.Bellman@usm.edu.