Please note that this is only usable off-campus.
**We are experiencing a high call volume regarding establishing VPN connections for
remote users, and are working diligently to get everyone connected. If after following
the below instructions you are still experiencing an issue or are getting an error
such as “Secure Connection Failed”, please call the iTech Help Desk at 601.266.HELP
Applications That Require VPN Access*
*For any questions about VPN access needed for an application not listed here, please
contact the iTech Help Desk at 601.266.HELP (4357).
Minimum Operating System Requirements
- Microsoft-supported versions of Windows 10 for ARM64-based PCs
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and current Microsoft-supported versions of Windows 10 x86 (32-bit)
and x64 (64-bit)
- macOS 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15
- Linux Red Hat 6, 7 and Ubuntu 16.04 (LTS) and 18.04 (LTS)
How to Connect to VPN
If the minimum operating system requirements are fulfilled and this is your first
time connecting, please follow the below instructions.
If the minimum OS is fulfilled and you have previously connected to the VPN service
(Cisco AnyConnect), you may need to uninstall the previous installation to clean up
the system to allow your device to contact the correct vpn server. If you need to
reinstall the client, please follow steps 1 - 8. If not, please skip to step 9 and
1. From off-campus only, open your browser and navigate to: https://eaglenet.usm.edu/usm
2. Login using your CampusID credentials.
3. On the Download & Install screen, select Download for Windows. You may be prompted to save the file, or it may automatically download to your Downloads folder.
4. Search for the downloaded file for the VPN software and double-click the file.
Note: You may see the file in the bottom left-hand corner of your browser, or you
may need to look in your Downloads folder.
5. A Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Setup
pop-up window appears. Select Next
6. On the End User License Agreement window, select I accept the terms
in the License Agreement, then select Next
7. Select Install. The installation will begin. If prompted to allow the installation, select Yes.
8. When the installation is finished, select Finish.
Connecting to VPN
9. Search for the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client app on your Desktop (Type “Cisco AnyConnect” in your computer search bar OR select
the Windows Start button and search in the menu items).
10. Open the application.
11. In the VPN pop-up window, enter “eaglenet.usm.edu/usm”
12. Then select Connect.
13. On the login screen, enter your CampusID username (w+ID number) and password, then select OK.