Please note that this is only usable off-campus.
**We are experiencing a high call volume regarding establishing VPN connections for remote users, and are working diligently to get everyone connected. If after following the below instructions you are still experiencing an issue or are getting an error such as “Secure Connection Failed”, please call the iTech Help Desk at 601.266.HELP (4357).**
If the minimum operating system requirements are fulfilled and this is your first time connecting, please follow the below instructions.
If the minimum OS is fulfilled and you have previously connected to the VPN service (Cisco AnyConnect), you may need to uninstall the previous installation to clean up the system to allow your device to contact the correct vpn server. If you need to reinstall the client, please follow steps 1 - 4. If not, please skip to step 5 and proceed.
1. From off-campus only, open your browser and navigate to: https://eaglenet.usm.edu/usm
2. Login using your CampusID credentials.
3. The site will now check to make sure ActiveX and/or Java is enabled. Select the add-in bar if it appears, then select "Run Add-On."
4. Select "Run" or "Install" to continue.
Windows Vista and 7 users: Select "Allow" if you see an Internet Explorer Security Window after selecting "Run.".
5. Once the AnyConnect vpn client is installed, launch the application.
6. When the initial AnyConnect window opens, please enter eaglenet.usm.edu/usm as shown below and select "Connect."
7. Enter you WemplID and your normal campus password, then select "OK."
8. If you accept or are authorized for connecting to our network and/or performing your duties remotely, select "Accept."
Please note: All connections are closely monitored in terms of who is connecting but the connection is fully encrypted from your remote location back to campus as to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the data you are sending or receiving.
9. Once you see the below banner pop up on your screen, you have successfully connected to our VPN service. You will now have connectivity as you would being on campus.