Do you need a guide for planning your event? Use the steps below to get started and
then check out the Event Checklist to stay on track to host a successful event!
All registered student organizations should follow the steps below in order to successfully
hold events on campus.
- Submit the Event Request form to secure a location at least 4 weeks in advance for
a large event or by Mondays at 4pm for any events the following Sunday-Saturday.
- For events in the Union Complex, you will receive an confirmation from Conference
& Event Services within 3-5 business days. For events elsewhere, you will receive
confirmation from Leadership and Student Involvement within 3-5 business days.
- Remember: you must have an email confirmation for your event to be officially registered.
Until then, you cannot advertise for your event.
- The sooner you submit forms, the better. Forms are always to be submitted by Mondays at 4 p.m. for events the following week. Special event forms must be submitted one month prior to the date of the event. Late forms are not accepted.
Need help advertising?
- Submit your event to the weekly Newsletter by clicking here.
- Submit your advertisement to run on the Eagle Vision screens in the Union Complex.
- Submit your advertisement to run in the weekly announcements by University Communications.
- Sign up to table by completing the Event Request form found on the LSI website (www.usm.edu/lsi)
by Mondays at 4pm for requests the following week.
- Post a flyer on any approved University bulletin board around campus.
- Use Social Media: Create a Facebook page for the event. Tweet about it! Create a QR
code for students to scan for information.
Questions? Call us at 601.266.4403 or email LSI@usm.edu.