The Southern Miss Symphony Orchestra is a study in international relations as students from across the globe come together for one purpose—music. It is one of the major ensembles and gems in the School of Music, offering an intense performance schedule covering classical to pop musical styles and drawing both students and guest artists from around the globe—the Symphony Orchestra truly is "Bringing the world to Mississippi!"
Why Choose Orchestral Studies at Southern Miss?
As a USM Symphony Orchestra member you have the opportunity to:
- Perform in an orchestra with the highest performance standards and a commitment to diversity
- Perform with extraordinary guest artists such as Itzhak Perlman, Yo-Yo Ma, Joshua Bell, Placido Domingo, Renée Fleming, Francois Rabath, Nadia Salerno-Sonnenberg, John Browning, Debra Voigt, and Jean Pierre Rampal
- Perform with regional professional orchestras
- Perform with outstanding guest conductors from across the globe
- Study with outstanding artist/faculty on every instrument