UNV 100 is a required one credit hour course for all incoming students at Southern Miss. It is a pass/no pass course administered through
Canvas during a student’s first semester. Once students have completed UNV 100, they
will have completed their full orientation experience at Southern Miss.
UNV 100 will provide students with important information that will help them learn
about campus resources that will help them adjust to life as a college student at
Here are some things you need to know about UNV 100:
- You must log into Canvas to access the syllabus.
- Every week a new module will open, which will need to be completed before the next
- Every week students will be expected to complete their module and weekly quiz.
- Final grades will be posted at the end of the semester.
- Orientation & Transition Programs staff will communicate with you as needed about
the course through Canvas.
- UNV 100 is a pass/no-pass course. You cannot repeat UNV 100 if you do not pass it.
- If you have questions or concerns about UNV 100, you should contact Orientation &
Transition Programs. Feel free to come by Orientation & Transition Programs in 104
Kennard-Washington Hall or contact the office by phone (601.266.4950) or email (orientationFREEMississippi).