Welcome to Parking and Transit Services
To all visitors, alumni, students, faculty and staff, we are pleased to have you on our campus! Parking and Transit Services is an auxiliary service within the Office of Finance and Administration that supports the university’s vision, strategies and goals by providing customer service with professionalism, accountability and integrity.
The department is responsible for overseeing multiple aspects of traffic and parking for USM campuses, including control, enforcement, and coordinated maintenance of parking areas. The department seeks out partnerships to provide various forms of transportation services. Other responsibilities include the main entrance information booth, metered parking, and vehicle identification.
Spring Parking Updates and Reminders
- Faculty/Staff Zones are in effect for the spring semester. Only Faculty/Staff registrations will be allowed in zones and spaces designated for faculty and staff.
- All other general lots with zone restrictions (i.e. Commuter, Residential, Village and Fraternity) will be designated as Open Zones for the spring and summer semesters and are open to anyone with a valid parking permit, except those with Economy permits.
- The Thad Cochran Center parking lot is designated Faculty/Staff and Open Zone (excluding reserved spaces) unless the lot is reserved for special events. Advanced notice for events will be given when possible.
- Metered parking will be active this semester for short-term parking. The meter fee must be paid, or you will be issued a citation.
- Make sure your handicap accommodations are registered and visible if you utilize handicap parking spaces.
- Parking in reserved spaces or on the University grounds without proper permissions is prohibited and will result in your vehicle being booted or towed.
Economy Parking Lot Permit – Less than half the price of regular semester permits (with a catch)!
Parking and Transit Services on the Hattiesburg campus is introducing an affordable parking option on the West and North sides of campus. Limited to the first 300 students, passes for the Economy lots are $40 per semester - available Fall and Spring semesters only.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Economy Lot permits are ONLY valid in the lots listed below:
●34th Avenue Lot
●35th Avenue Lot
●Scholarship Hall Lot
●Sports Fields Lot
These lots are still available to regular permit holders, but the Economy permit only works for these specific lots.
The Benefits of USM Economy Lots
When you park in an Economy Lot, the USM Transit Service will pick you up and drop you off at any of the 14 stops in and around campus. If you have a bicycle or electric scooter, park in Economy and then ride to the heart of campus, dorms or support buildings. It’s affordable, it’s healthy, it’s easy and it helps the environment. This semester, Save Money and Go Green! Call Parking and Transit Services for more information.