Welcome to Parking and Transit Services
To all visitors, alumni, students, faculty and staff, we are pleased to have you on our campus! Parking and Transit Services is an auxiliary service within the Office of Finance and Administration that supports the university’s vision, strategies and goals by providing customer service with professionalism, accountability and integrity.
The department is responsible for overseeing multiple aspects of traffic and parking for USM campuses, including control, enforcement, and coordinated maintenance of parking areas. The department seeks out partnerships to provide various forms of transportation services. Other responsibilities include the main entrance information booth, metered parking, and vehicle identification.
Fall 2021 Permit Registration - Available Now!
Previous permits expired July 31, 2021. New permits are available to be purchased
today! You must have a current, valid permit and registered license plate to park
on university property!
If you are on campus, please park in designated zones based on your classification (faculty/staff, resident, commuter, fraternity, sorority, etc.) and register your vehicle(s) as soon as possible to avoid fines and having your vehicle booted or towed!
DO NOT PARK IN HANDICAP OR RESERVED SPACES UNLESS YOU HAVE VALID PERMISSION/REGISTRATION TO DO SO.
- Purchase a permit and register your vehicle's license plate.
- Review the parking zone map and park in your zone.
- Pay attention to parking signs and restrictions (ie. Reserved Parking, Service Zones, Visitor Parking, Fire Lanes, etc...).
- Do not ignore citations! Contact the Parking & Transit Services team if you have any questions about a citation you received.
Parking Updates and Reminders
- Fall 2021 parking rules and regulations resume normal operations. ALL lots with zone restrictions (i.e. Commuter, Residential, Village and Fraternity) will be enforced for valid parking permits. Do not ignore citations!
- The Thad Cochran Center parking lot is designated Faculty/Staff and Open Zone (excluding reserved spaces) unless the lot is reserved for special events. Advanced notice for events will be given when possible.
- Metered parking will be active this year for short-term parking. The meter fee must be paid, or you will be issued a citation.
- Verify your handicap accommodations are registered with your permit and visibly displayed if you utilize handicap parking spaces.
- Parking in reserved spaces or on the University grounds without proper permissions is prohibited and will result in your vehicle being booted or towed.