Completion time will vary, depending on your reading speed and whether you follow all of the links. The basic Research Integrity modules each take about 15-25 minutes to complete. If you are taking the case study courses, these modules each take about 5-8 minutes which will amount to approximately 4-6 hours total completion time. Videos require Microsoft Media Player, Real Player plug-in, or Quick Time, and some of the documents require Acrobat Reader.
1. Begin at https://www.citiprogram.org/default.asp?language=english. This is where you will register as a new user and login.
2. Follow these instructions if you have never registered for a CITI course (if you have registered, go to step 3):
• Click on Register at the top right corner of the screen.
• Complete Registration by completing each of Steps 1-7.
• For Step 1: Type in University of Southern Mississippi as your institution or organization.
• . For Steps 2-6: enter personal information.
• . On Step 7: Choose the following courses suited to your program requirements, then click on submit.
➢ Question 1 - Common Course for USM Undergraduate and HON300 Students
➢ Question 4 – Human Subjects Research Course (if you will be involved in research with humans)
NOTE: YOU MAY SELECT “NOT AT THIS TIME” FOR ALL OTHER COURSES.
• Click complete registration, and then click finalize registration.
3. This will take you to a page with Courses ready to begin.
• Under University of Southern Mississippi you will see the courses you have selected. The basic/common module titles are:
➢ Conflicts of Interest
➢ Data Management
➢ Research Misconduct
➢ Research Involving Human Subjects
• Click on the course title to begin the course.
• Follow the instructions for each Module. Some of the Modules will be informative only; most will require a short quiz at the end.
NOTE: The University of Southern Mississippi’s passing mark is set to 85% summed across for all modules. To see your score; once you have completed the quiz, click on “Go to the Gradebook for this quiz”. You may re-take modules with a low score to earn a passing score.
4. Call Jo Ann Johnson at 601.266.5997 or email joann.johnsonFREEMississippi with questions.