Does DCUR Fund My Research?
DCUR administers several programs that provide financial support for Southern Miss
The Eagle SPUR Program
(supported by generous contributions from Mr. Drapeau and from the Southern Miss Vice President for Research)
- Supports undergraduate student research and creative activity with grants of up to
$1,000 for one- or two-semester projects and a travel supplement (if applicable) of
up to $500.
- Funds may be used for travel (e.g. to present at a conference, perform at a show,
visit an archive, etc.), equipment, supplies, a stipend that allows you to devote
time to your research project, etc.
- Application deadlines:
- September 1: Application portal opens for fall competition
- February 1: Application portal opens for spring competition
- October 15 for spring and summer projects
- March 15 for summer and fall projects
The Drapeau Summer Research Grant Program
(made possible by generous contributions from Mr. Drapeau)
- Supports undergraduate students’ full-time research or creative activity during the
summer (at least eight weeks) at Southern Miss.
- Awardees receive a $4,000 summer stipend and may request up to $1,000 additional funding
to support their project.
- Typically, one or two summer grants per year are awarded, depending on available funds.
- Application deadline: March 15. Application portal opens February 1.
The NCUR Travel Support Program
(supported by generous contributions from the Southern Miss Vice President for Research)
View the Disbursement Procedures for DCUR Grants
Find other funding opportunities