My Submission Has Been Accepted—What's Next?
Congratulations on being invited to give an oral or poster presentation, and/or to
showcase your creative work at the upcoming UGS!
Step 1: Register as a presenter
- UGS registration opens March 15 and will remain open until April 5. Please register by the posted
deadline so that we know you will be attending the UGS and whether you will join us
for the (free!) lunch and keynote address.
- To register, simply complete and submit the online UGS Registration Form!
Step 2: Carefully prepare, edit and proofread your UGS presentation
- Make sure you follow UGS directions for format, length, contents, etc. Make sure to
review the Title Capitalization Guide.
- You can find those guidelines and important additional information, such as appropriate
dress code and behavior at a professional conference, here:
- The Southern Miss Speaking Center has great tips and resources to help you with your oral presentation. You can also
make an appointment to practice and receive face-to-face feedback for your presentation.
- As you prepare your presentation, you may find it helpful to review the judging criteria.
My family wants to attend my presentation
- Family members are welcome to attend the presentation panels and poster session.
- If family members would like to attend the luncheon and hear the keynote address,
they must register as attendees between March 15 and April 5.