The University Writing Center
The Writing Center is a friendly space that provides free, individualized feedback and support to help Southern Miss students succeed with writing assignments for any class. The center offers one-to-one consultations for any stage of the writing process, from understanding the assignment and brainstorming ideas to revising and editing.
Writing Center appointments are online only at this time. Instructions for making an online appointment can be found below.
Follow these steps to create an online appointment:
- Visit usm.mywconline.com.
- If you already have a WC Online account, log in.
- If you don't already have a WC Online account, select "Register for an Account" and create one using your usm.edu email. Complete the registration form and log in.
- Under "Available Schedules," select the center you want to work with.
- Choose a date and time by clicking on a white (available) appointment slot.
- Complete the appointment form and select "Create Appointment.”
- On the day and time of your appointment, sign in to usm.mywconline.com. Scroll to the day and time you reserved to find your appointment on the scheduler.
- Click on the appointment box, then follow the instructions to access your online appointment. If the center you have scheduled an appointment with uses Zoom for video chat meetings, the Zoom meeting link will display in your appointment form. Click the link at the start of your appointment.
NOTE: You need to disable your pop-up blocker or allow pop-ups from usm.mywconline.com for the appointment windows and online tutoring module to function properly.
If you have questions, email the Writing Center at writingcenterFREEMississippi.