The University Writing Center
The Writing Center is a friendly space that provides free, individualized feedback and support to help Southern Miss students succeed with writing assignments for any class. The center offers one-to-one consultations for any stage of the writing process, from understanding the assignment and brainstorming ideas to revising and editing.
Appointments may be either in-person or online via Zoom.
Follow these steps to create an online appointment:
- Visit usm.mywconline.com.
- Under "Available Schedules," select the center you wish to work with.
- Sign in using wStudentIDemail@example.com and your Campus ID (SOAR) password.
- If you don't already have a WC Online account, you will be directed to a registration form which you must complete before you are able to view the schedule and make appointments.
- Choose a date and time by clicking on a white (available) appointment slot.
- Complete the appointment form and select "Create Appointment.”
- Both face-to-face and Online appointments are available. If you wish to make an online appointment, you must choose "Yes" to the "Meet Online?" question on the form.
- For in-person appointments: Simply come to the Writing Center on the day and time of your appointment and check in at the front desk.
- For online appointments: On the day and time of your appointment, sign in to usm.mywconline.com. Scroll to the day and time you reserved to find your appointment on the scheduler.
- Click on the appointment box to open the appointment form, then click the red "Start or Join Online Consultation" link. This link will open a Zoom meeting with your tutor.
NOTE: You need to disable your pop-up blocker or allow pop-ups from usm.mywconline.com for the appointment windows and online tutoring module to function properly.
If you have questions, email the Writing Center at writingcenterFREEMississippi.