American Red Cross CPR, AED and First Aid Certification
Obtaining CPR/AED and First Aid certification is important if:
- CPR/AED and First Aid training is required for work
- You are a designated emergency responder at your work
- You want to be prepared for a wide range of emergencies - either in your personal
life or based on your participation in activities such as coach, youth organizations,
- You want the confidence of skills and experience when caring for young children or
- All sessions are taught by American Red Cross certified instructors and are taught
in the Payne Center. All courses include lectures, videos, demonstrations, practice
and testing skill scenarios, and a written exam. Upon successful completion of the
course, participants will receive CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and/or Standard
First Aid certifications that are valid for two years.
Southern Miss Students and Payne Center Members
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer with First Aid: $80
Community and Payne Center Non-members
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer with First Aid: $100
Classes will be taught at the Payne Center from 10am-5pm.
- August 25
- September 15
- October 6
- November 17
- December 15
- January 19
- February 16
- March 8
- April 12
- May 17
- Register at the Sales Office located in the Payne Center Atrium during regular business
hours. For your convenience, you may also purchase these classes on our online portal
that can be accessed by clicking the below button.
Campus recreation online payment portal
For more information on safety classes, call 601.266.5405.
- If a class has fewer than 5 registered than that class will be canceled and the registrants
will be moved to next course offering.
- To inquire about setting up a certification class, contact Bill%20Powe at 601-266-5408.