The University of Southern Mississippi
Intramural Sports Program
All Intramural participants are responsible for their own medical expenses. Any participant
unsure of his/her physical condition should check with their physician or the University
Clinic before participating in an Intramural Sports contest.
Teams are responsible for keeping their spectators under control. Misconduct of participants,
coaches or spectators can result in an unsportsmanlike penalty, ejection or forfeiture
of the game. Team Captains will be held responsible for spectator, team and sideline
misconduct. Two ejections from any contest will result in an automatic forfeiture.
- All games will be played to 21 points.
- All games shall be played win by 2 points with a game cap of 30.
- A point is scored on each serve.
- A match consists of the best 2 out of 3 games.
- Right to first serve shall be determined by coin toss.
- The player losing the toss shall serve first in the second game.
- The coin toss winner shall have the first serve in any tie-breaking third games.
- Players shall alternate serving after every three points scored.
- Prior to each serve, the server shall call out the score.
- The serve must be made from behind the end line. The server puts the ball into play
by tossing it into the air from the palm of one hand and striking it with the paddle
(held in the other hand) so that it hits his/her own court. The ball must go over
the net and hit the receiver's court. The receiver must return the ball over the net
so that it hits the server's court. Play continues until one player fails to make
a legal return. The opponent then scores a point.
- Table tennis paddles and balls can be check-out at Equipment Issue.
- Players are permitted to use their own paddles.
THE HONOR SYSTEM is in effect. Players will referee their own matches. Be courteous and sportsmanlike to your opponents.
Recreational Sports Website: http://www.usm.edu/recsports
Intramural Sports Office: 601.266.5409