CET ABET PEO's and SLO's
Mission Statement for Construction Engineering Technology:
The University of Southern Mississippi Construction Engineering Technology (CET) program
is committed to producing graduates who possess the necessary skills to enter the
A/E/C industry fully capable of performing entry-level tasks at the office and in
the field. The graduates' critical thinking, discipline and work ethics will be such
that a short period of training and work experience will allow them to move into managerial
Program Educational Objectives** for Construction Engineering Technology:
The undergraduate construction engineering technology program prepares students to
achieve the following educational objectives within 3-5 years of graduation:
- PEO 1: Create and present documents such as construction safety plans, project management
plans, and estimate/schedule basis.
- PEO 2: Assemble construction cost estimates and schedules.
- PEO 3: Attain industry-specific certifications and licensure.
- PEO 4: Successfully contribute as team members within integrated design-build projects.
- PEO 5: Advance professionally with increasing leadership and responsibility beyond
entry level in construction related fields.
** These PEOs were approved by program faculty on 12/2/19 and will be presented to
and reviewed by the CET Industry Advisory Council on 3/31/2020 during its Spring 2020
Construction Engineering Technology ABET Student Learning Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics,
science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems
appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for
broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined
technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze
and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- An ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.