Teams and Athlete Recruitment
Are you interested in being a part of a growing ESports program? Are you interested
in being on the ground floor of building championship contenders in ESports for USM?
Here are our general expectations for our teams:
- You must have and maintain a minimum 2.8 cumulative grade point average (GPA). You
must also be full time enrolled in accordance with university standards and certified
as eligible via NACE and the NECC each academic year term (fall, spring).
- You must have a clean student conduct record while on the teams, or you will be subject
to sanctions from the team in addition to any sanctions authorized under other University
policies. Sanctions may include suspension or termination from the Esports programs,
or any other lesser sanctions as the coaching staff or Student Affairs may deem appropriate.
- You will participate in academic coaching for the duration of your participation on
the intercollegiate teams if needed.
- You will plan your schedule accordingly to participate in organized practice sessions
throughout the week. These practices will not exceed 20 hours a week and will be organized
accordingly as not to impact your overall wellness.
- If you make a travel team for a match, you will be expected to attend.
- Should your specific team win a given tournament where a financial prize is offered/acquired,
50% of the total prize will be retained by the University. The remaining 50% will
be distributed amongst the team members who actively competed in that tournament based
on individual performance.
- You agree that your primary gaming responsibility is to the University Esports teams.
The coaching staff will determine whether or not your other gaming participation is
an impediment to your commitment to University Esports. As your personal availability
permits, 1 v 1 competitions, etc., you are free to enter under your own name. If you
are to enter under the University of Southern Mississippi auspices the conditions
of this letter will continue to apply. You agree and understand that Esports at USM
is an extracurricular activity, and you have no property right or other right to participate
as a member of the teams. Participation at all times is subject to the discretion
of the Vice President for Student Affairs or their designee.
If you think you can meet these requirements and you have game, we want to talk with
you. We invite you to learn more about us on berecruited.com. To speak directly, you
can also email us at esportsFREEMississippi.
*All students current, or new, must file an application to tryout. The link to that
form can be found here.
We are accepting applications for 2021-2022 until September 10th. A live tryout will be scheduled accordingly on notification you have submitted an
For entering Class of 2022 we are accepting applications now and will accept them
until early September 2022! If you have questions, please contact esportsFREEMississippi.