Instructions for the CITI Course in the Integrity Assurance Program
Completion time will vary, depending on your reading speed and whether you follow
all of the links. The basic Research Integrity modules each take about 15-25 minutes
to complete. If you are taking the case study courses, these modules each take about
5-8 minutes which will amount to approximately 4-6 hours total completion time. Videos
require Microsoft Media Player, Real Player plug-in, or Quick Time, and some of the
documents require Acrobat Reader.
Begin at citiprogram.org. This is where you will register as a new user and log in.
Follow these instructions if you have never registered for a CITI course (if you have
registered, go to step 3):
- Click on Register at the top right corner of the screen.
- Complete Registration by completing each of Steps 1-7
- For Step 1: Type in University of Southern Mississippi as your institution or organization.
- For Steps 2-6: enter personal information
- On Step 7: Choose the following courses suited to your program requirements, then
click on submit:
- Question 1 - Common Course for USM Undergraduate and HON300 Students
- Question 4 – Human Subjects Research Course (if you will be involved in research with
- NOTE: YOU MAY SELECT “NOT AT THIS TIME” FOR ALL OTHER COURSES.
- Click complete registration, and then click finalize registration. This will take
you to a page with Courses ready to begin.
- Under University of Southern Mississippi you will see the courses you have selected.
The basic/common module titles are:
- Conflicts of Interest
- Data Management
- Research Misconduct
- Research Involving Human Subjects
- Click on the course title to begin the course
- Follow the instructions for each Module. Some of the Modules will be informative only;
most will require a short quiz at the end.
NOTE: The University of Southern Mississippi’s passing mark is set to 85% summed across
for all modules. To see your score; once you have completed the quiz, click on “Go
to the Gradebook for this quiz”. You may re-take modules with a low score to earn
a passing score.
Call Lisa Wright @ 601-266-5997 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.