All-South Drum Major and Guard Camp
- REGISTRATION: Resident and commuter campers will be held on Sunday, June 16 from 3:00 - 5:00pm in
the lobby of the Mannoni Performing Arts Center (PAC). After registration, resident
campers should go to their dorm for housing assignments.
- COSTS: $350 for residential campers; $275 for commuter (day) campers.
- HOUSING: Accommodations will be located in Century Park 1 and Century Park 3. Room assignments
will be made at the dormitory. Roommate requests will be honored when possible. Only
two people may be assigned to a room. If no roommate preference was requested when
you registered online assignments will be made according to the camper’s age and grade
level. Qualified counselors will be housed on each floor of the dorm. Dormitory rules
are strictly enforced. Each room contains a micro fridge and private bath.
- WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP: Sheets (extra-long twin), blanket, pillow, pillowcase, toiletries, towels, sunscreen,
comfortable walking shoes, and a small personal water cooler or water bottle (classes
are held outdoors). Guard participants, please be sure to bring your own flag and
pole. PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME ON ALL POSSESSIONS!
- COMMUTER CAMPERS: Daily activities will begin at 8:00am on the lawn adjacent to the Fine Arts Building.
Day campers daily departure will be at 5:00pm. The day camp fee includes the lunch
meal only. Day campers may participate in nightly activities; however, these activities
are not required. FIRST FULL ASSEMBLY: Sunday night, June 16, 6:30pm in the Mannoni
Performing Arts Center Auditorium. All students are required to attend.
- HEALTH SERVICES: The Southern Miss Clinic, local hospitals, and the Family Practice After Hours are
available should campers need medical assistance. Payment for any and all medical
services is the responsibility of the parent(s) or guardian(s). You will receive a
Southern Miss Drum Major and Guard Camp Medical Information Sheet in your email. Please
fill it out completely and return it via email or postal service to the USM Band office.
Failure to complete this form with result in your registration being cancelled.
- AUTOMOBILES: Campers will not be permitted to operate automobiles while at camp. If a camper brings
an automobile, the keys must be turned in to the camp director. The keys will be returned
at the end of camp. A university parking permit may be purchased at registration for