Annual registration fees for parking permits:
|Regular Parking Permits||Hattiesburg||Gulf Park/GCRL|
|Students and handicap||$162|
|Faculty/Staff > $24K||$162*||$75*|
|Faculty/Staff < $24K||$ 75*||$75*|
|Bicycles/Motorcycles (per academic year)||$20||$20|
|Temporary/special permits||Hattiesburg||Gulf Park/GCRL|
|1 to 10 weekdays: $10||$10||$10|
|11 to 15 weekdays||$15||$15|
|16 to 20 weekdays||$20||$20|
|More than 20 weekdays (per semester)||$75|
- Faculty, staff, students, contract employees, and contractors/vendors who operate a motor vehicle on University-controlled property, regularly or occasionally, will be required to purchase a DPM parking permit number. Any vehicle parked on University controlled property must register for a DPM parking permit number.
- Parking permits are issued to individuals, and ownership is not transferable. By obtaining a permit number, the permit holder agrees to become familiar with and abide by the traffic and parking regulations. Citations issued to a permit number will be charged to the person to whom the original permit was issued. Only those parking permits numbers issued by The University of Southern Mississippi Department of Parking Management will be honored on our campuses.
- Faculty, staff, and students full time and part time, will be issued one parking permit number and allowed to have two vehicles assigned to their parking permit number; however, both vehicles are not allowed to park on campus simultaneously.
- For employees, one regular parking permit number fee can be treated as a pre-tax payroll deduction lowering taxable income. Additional permits and temporary/special permits will be after-tax deductions. For regular permits purchased during the open registration period (month of August), the annual parking fee can be payroll-deducted over a nine-month period. For any purchases after the open registration period, the payroll deduction period will be pro-rated based on purchase date.
- You also have the option to pay the entire parking permit fee up front. However, if you choose this option, you will lose the tax advantage of spreading the payment out over a nine (9) month period through payroll deduction.
- Major donors making a gift to the university through The University of Southern Mississippi Foundation are recognized as Honor Club members. Members are provided a special parking permit number. The parking permit number is valid in faculty/staff, resident, commuter, and open zone parking areas on all campuses. Honor Club members are invited to various special events hosted by the USM Foundation and the president throughout the year. For more information on how to join the USM Foundation Honor Club, please call:601.266.5602, or click here to go to the Foundation Web site.