1. Complete CITI Training, including the Human Subjects Research module!
2. Discuss IRB approval with your faculty mentor!
➢ Conducting interviews
➢ Administering surveys
➢ Analyzing identifiable, private information (e.g. medical records)
➢ Observing behavior (e.g. of students, children, teachers)
1. Go to the Southern Miss IRB page for more information.
2. USM researchers are required to use Cayuse IRB for all IRB protocol submissions.
3. See Cayuse Overview for links to more detailed reports and policies, the forms you must submit to apply for IRB approval, useful tips, and FAQs.
Usually, the IRB will need approximately a month to review your application once it has been approved by the School Director (workflow: researcher submits ➔ school director approves ➔ IRB reviews and makes decision); if changes are needed and/or additional information is requested, the review process will take longer.