What Information Is Required for NCUR Travel Support Grants?
Please note: This document is for information only. To apply, go to Competition Review Nexus.
Information You Will Be Asked to Provide in Your Application
- Applicant First and Last Name:
- Student ID
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Projected Graduation Semester and Year
- Affiliated with Honors College? McNair Program? Neither?
- USM Faculty Mentor who is familiar with and supports this project:
- Faculty Mentor Email:
- Faculty Mentor School
- Proposal Title
- Presentation Type
- Why are you interested in presenting at NCUR? How will your participation in that
conference advance your personal and professional ambitions?
(250 word limit)
- What is your project and why is it significant? What is your hypothesis/creative inspiration/area
of investigation? What methods are you using and why? What contributions will it make
to your discipline?
(300 word limit)
Mentor Support Statement
The Mentor Support Form must be completed by your USM faculty mentor listed above. Upload the completed form
with your application.
By submitting this application, I certify that I wrote the abstract above and that
my mentor provided no more than minor corrections.
By submitting this application, I also understand I am indicating my commitment to
- I agree to complete all application requirements at the NCUR website by the posted
- I will adhere to the funding limits set forth by DCUR to cover lodging and meals.
- If I withdraw from attending NCUR, I will reimburse DCUR for all expenses that have
been incurred on my behalf.
- I will submit my paper/poster for presentation at the next Southern Miss Undergraduate
Symposium on Research and Creative Activity held after completion of the proposed