How Can Students Participate in UGS?
I want to present my work at UGS
- If you are a Southern Miss undergraduate student and have engaged in significant research
or creative activity under the guidance of a faculty mentor, either by yourself or
as a team project lead, you may submit an abstract to present your work, even if you
already graduated in December prior to the UGS.
- You may submit only one abstract as presenter or co-presenter; however, you may submit
an abstract and an item for the Arts Showcase.
- You must submit your project electronically by 11:59 pm on the posted deadline (to
be announced; typically in early March).
- The UGS submission portal opens October 15. Log in with your SOAR ID and password.
- Apply for an oral or poster presentation here. Select from the list of competitions
the most current Undergraduate Symposium on Research & Creative Activity Project Submissions.
- Please follow these title capitalization guidelines!
- Check out the research presentation submission template! [link to empty submission
- Check out examples of successful abstracts!
- Apply for the Arts Showcase here. Select from the list of competitions the most current
Undergraduate Symposium on Research & Creative Activity – Artist Showcase Application.
Artists of all genres are encouraged to apply (e.g. dance, music, theatre, visual
art, creative writing, graphic design, etc.).
- Check out the Arts Showcase submission template! [link to current submission form
I want to attend UGS but am not presenting
- If you are a Southern Miss undergraduate student who wants to attend UGS to experience
a professional conference, listen to your peers’ presentations and/or watch your peers’
amazing creative works, please register here [link to registration form] as an attendee
between March 15 and the posted registration deadline (to be announced) to attend
the presentations and the (free!) luncheon and hear the keynote address.