The University Writing Center
The Writing Center is a friendly space that provides free, individualized feedback and support to help Southern Miss students succeed with writing assignments for any class. The center offers one-to-one consultations for any stage of the writing process, from understanding the assignment and brainstorming ideas to revising and editing.
The Writing Center is closed through Sunday, March 29. Beginning Monday, March 30, appointments will be available online. Instructions for making an online appointment can be found below.
Follow these steps to create an online appointment:
- Visit usm.mywconline.com.
- If you already have a WC Online account, log in.
- If you don't already have a WC Online account, select "Register for an Account" and create one using your usm.edu email. Complete the registration form and log in.
- Under "Available Schedules," select the center you want to work with.
- Choose a date and time by clicking on a white (available) appointment slot.
- Complete the appointment form and select "Create Appointment.”
- On the day and time of your appointment, sign in to usm.mywconline.com. Scroll to the day and time you reserved to find your appointment on the scheduler.
- Click on the appointment to open the appointment window, then select “Start or Join Online Consultation.” This will open the online tutoring module, allowing you to upload documents and communicate with your tutor.
NOTE: You need to disable your pop-up blocker or allow pop-ups from usm.mywconline.com for the appointment windows and online tutoring module to function properly.
If you have questions, email the Writing Center at writingcenterFREEMississippi.