Connecting USM to the Community
The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) coordinates meaningful and mutually beneficial community engagement experiences to address university and community needs, effect positive social change, and cultivate active citizen leaders. Through partnerships with faculty, staff, students, and community agencies, CCE facilitates activities that integrate learning, service, and leadership.
Connecting with Community
The Center for Community Engagement encourages meaningful service opportunities that can truly make a difference for our community partners.
- They can support just one organization and be available when the partner needs volunteers.
- They can get hours through continuous volunteering over time, instead of one-time, big events.
- They can do service in small groups of 5 or less.
- They can commit to showing up and always honor their word.
- Request a one-on-one service consultation to find opportunities and/or information best suited to your specific interests, needs and/or schedule. If you are a student, you will usually meet with a student; if you are faculty or staff, you will meet with professional staff.