- Visit Get Connected at volunteer.usm.edu to see local volunteer opportunities and see a list of local organizations. This is a new system and will be growing!
- Get involved with Volunteer USM, a student organization that organizes service opportunities
- Request a one-on-one service consultation to find opportunities and/or information best suited to your specific interests,
needs and/or schedule. If you are students, you will often meet with students; if
you are faculty or staff, you will meet with meet with professional staff.
Service Hour Reporting
* Instructions for using Get Connected
- All USM students have a profile on Get Connected (use your USM email: NAME@usm.edu) and reset your password.
- Departments or organizations can request or manage their own user groups so that when students submit service hours they can report them to your organizations.
Use these groups to sign up for service opportunities as a team & record group service
- Submit a request to list your volunteer opportunity on Get Connected. It can be private - just for
a specific group of students - or open to everybody. This allows you to track service
hours for this opportunity.
Students who need verification of service hours should still have volunteer supervisors
sign a Volunteer Service Log. We "approve" hours that adhere to certain guidelines but we cannot verify that you were present for non-CCE or Volunteer USM programming without a volunteer
service log. To request proof of service, you will need to have checked in at CCE
or Volunteer USM programming, or provide us with a volunteer service log.
If you are looking for volunteers, please use the Get Connected database to create
a profile and post OPPORTUNITIES (also called needs). Volunteers can sign up for opportunities directly through this
Gulf coast agencies:
ASB Social Convos: Don't Touch My Hair (The Crown Act)
Changemakers Series: Fraud & Elections- Distinguishing Fake News from Reality