The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) at the University of Southern Mississippi
(USM) coordinates meaningful and mutually beneficially community engagement experiences
to address university and community needs, effect positive social change, and cultivate
active citizen leaders.
Connecting Students to Service
Christy Arrazattee, Director
Alexandria Rhoden, Graduate Assistant
- CCE, in collaboration with community partners, will support and implement high quality
initiatives that benefit the public good.
- CCE will promote a university culture of service through interdisciplinary service-learning,
collaborative programming, and direct work with students.
- Participants in CCE’s programs will
- discover and develop competencies that will benefit them now and in the future.
- demonstrate a critical understanding and appreciation of diverse perspectives and
- develop a sense of civic identity and continued commitment to public action.
- learn to maximize their roles in leadership and involvement to contribute to meaningful