Applied Cybersecurity Certificate
The certificate in applied cybersecurity is an option for industry professionals who
want to upskill in the cybersecurity content area, for those looking to enter the
professional sector from another vocation, and for undergraduates in any major who
want to develop skills and competencies for cybersecurity defense.
What Will I Learn?
Coursework in the applied cybersecurity certificate provides opportunity for skills development in proactively protecting against the evolving cyber threat landscape. Competencies developed include:
- basic system administration, network, and operating system hardening techniques
- identification of types of vulnerabilities and associated attacks
- computer network defense polices
- intrusion detection
- information assurance principles
MEET OUR Director and AFFILIATE FACULTY
- Cybersecurity Engineer
- Cybersecurity Risk Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
Among the Fastest-growing Career Areas Nationally
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Information Security Analyst's Outlook, cybersecurity jobs are among the fastest-growing career areas nationally.
Information Security Analyst employment is predicted to grow 31% by 2029.U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
|Applied Cybersecurity Certificate||Hattiesburg|