Program Educational Objectives:
- The ability to think critically; identify, evaluate, and solve complex technical and
Abilities and skills necessary to function successfully as a member of a team.
- Students have the ability to accurately identify and analyze a given problem.
- Students have the ability to propose solutions and determine the appropriate solution
- Students have the ability to evaluate potential solution methods. Students are able
and willing to solve problems that
are not directly covered in class.
The ability to communicate effectively, both in oral and written form
- Students demonstrate effective teamwork.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of the teamwork mechanisms related to accomplishing
An understanding of all aspects of design processes
- Students produce effective written documents.
- Students deliver effective oral presentations.
The ability to understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities
- Students understand and implement design process procedures.
- Students have the ability to evaluate alternative design solutions.
- Students have the ability to conduct project scheduling and time management.
An understanding of diversity and knowledge of contemporary professional, societal
and global issues.
- Students will conduct themselves in an ethical manner and exhibit professional behavior
in the classroom and laboratory.
- Students will be able to identify ethical issues associated with different course
- Students will be familiar with the professional codes of ethics.
The abilities and skills required to adapt to rapidly changing technologies and an
awareness and initiative to participate in
- Students participate in multi-cultural experiences.
- Students have an awareness of the international and diverse nature of the marketplace.
- Students are aware of legal issues relating to harassment and discrimination.
- A program graduate has the skills and abilities to effectively acquire information
through information attainment tools, and
to use this information effectively.
- A program graduate has the skills and abilities to effectively implement technology
Before graduation, Computer Engineering Technology students shall demonstrate:
a. An appropriate mastery of the knowledge, modern tools, techniques, skills and abilities
related to computer engineering technology including
- Electric circuits
- Computer programming and use of associated computer software applications
- Analog and digital electronics, microcomputers, operating systems, and local area
- The ability to build, test, operate and maintain computer systems and associated
- The ability to utilize statistics/probability, transform methods, discrete mathematics,
or applied differential equations in support of computer systems and networks.
b. An ability to apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of mathematics,
engineering, technology, and science, including physics and chemistry.
c. An ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments and apply experimental
results to achieve desired results or improve processes including
- Computer Systems
- Digital Control systems
- Communications systems
d. An ability to apply creativity in the design of systems, components, or processes
- Computer hardware systems
- Computer software systems
e. An ability to perform effectively on teams and successfully engage in activities
f. An ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems and related applications
- Implementation of computer hardware systems
- Implementation of computer software systems
g. An ability to communicate effectively, both in oral and written form
h. A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning processes
i. An ability to understand and be cognizant of professional, ethical and social responsibilities
j. A respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal
and global issues
k. A commitment to professionalism, quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement,
and to apply project management techniques to computer systems
l. An ability to become employed in areas related to computer engineering technology,
to continue in graduate studies, or engage in other lifelong learning activities