We offer several scholarships for undergraduate students:
- Up to 10 Wright W. and Annie Rea Cross Mathematics Undergraduate Research Scholarships at $2,000 each are awarded to mathematics students involved in undergraduate research.
- The Jack D. Munn Memorial Scholarship provides a scholarship based on financial need to a student majoring in mathematics.
- The Debra René Slay Memorial Mathematics Scholarship Endowment awards a scholarship to a student majoring in mathematics with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
This scholarship prefers financial need, but the requirement can be waived.
- The Alton C. Grimes Endowment awards scholarships to students pursuing a course of study requiring 18 semester
hours that begin with Calculus. The recipient should be a Mississippi student and
a person with high moral character.
- The Virginia Felder Scholarship Endowment awards a scholarship to a female student whose major is Mathematics Licensure. If
no student meets this requirement, the award is made to a female student majoring
in Mathematics or Computer Science.
- The Wright W. Cross Endowment provides scholarships to capable and deserving majors in Mathematics with financial
need whose GPA is 3.0 or higher.
- The Wallace C. and Lynn. L. Pye Scholarship is awarded to a mathematics or mathematics licensure student selected by the department.
The precise amount of each award varies by year.
How to apply
To apply for scholarships, visit the USM Foundation.
Other avenues for financial aid
Scholarships are also available through the College and the Admissions Office.