The Center for Student Success at Southern Miss assists students and families with their transition into the university community and supports students on their journey to graduation. Through high-impact practices and intentional programs, we facilitate the holistic development of academic and personal identity. Our office fosters purposeful engagement with students and families to ensure that students connect, persist, and succeed at Southern Miss.
Information about our programming clusters can be explored below. Our staff follows national best practices when implementing programs for our freshman, sophomore, and transfer populations, and any other Southern Miss student seeking support.
Are you a parent or family member of a current Southern Miss student? We want to engage and support you through our parent and family programs including:
- Parent and Family Association
- Parent and Family Weekend
- Parent Access to Student Records
- Family Friends
- Spring Family Day
- Parent and Family Programs Store
- Absent Professor Program
- Barnes & Noble Textbook Scholarship
- Academic Concern Reporting Form - use this form to submit a report for a current Southern Miss undergraduate student showing signs of academic distress including excessive absences, multiple missed assignments, or the need for skill development. A member of the Academic Concerns Reporting Team will contact the student within 24 hours.