Fit of prepharmacy requirements for the University of Mississippi Pharmacy School with the Biochemistry emphasis
Year 1, Semester 1
Year 1, Semester 2
Year 2, Semester 1 (17 hrs)
Year 2, Semester 2
Year 3, Semester 1
Year 3, Semester 2
Year 4, Semester 1
Year 4, Semester 2
- Students would have all pharmacy prerequisites at the end of the third year so it is possible to apply to pharmacy school at that time.
- The BSC 110 and 111 courses do not have to be taken in this order.
- The initial math course for freshmen is determined by criteria set by the math department. Students will need to have at least a 24 on the math ACT subscore to begin in trigonometry or precalculus (MAT 128) and a 26 on the math ACT subscore to begin in calculus.
- CHE 311L and 421L are two credit hour classes.
- The BOLD italics courses above do not have prerequisites and so can be swapped in the sequence.
- Students wishing to apply to the Auburn pharmacy school will need to take an additional English literature course.
- Students wishing to apply to the Samford pharmacy school will need to take an additional anatomy/physiology course such as comparative anatomy (BSC 361). Samford also requires mathematical statistics rather than the PSY 360 statistics.
- Students should be familiar with the prepharmacy information on the College of Science and Technology website.