Courses & Workshops
The DuBard Association Method® consists of three courses:
The Basic Course teaches the multisensory-components of the DuBard Association Method®. The Basic Course is taught at DuBard School as well as in many locations across the country. Continuing education units and academic credit are available.
The Seminar builds upon the Basic Course and provides guidance in using the higher levels of the DuBard Association Method®.
Practicum and Professional Internships are conducted at the DuBard School and through virtual supervision.
The roadmap to certification in the DuBard Association Method®
Additional courses offered by DuBard School:
- Missing Links in Academics teaches the DuBard Association Method's® multisensory techniques and advanced decoding skills for teaching the National Reading Panel five areas of reading.
- Additional Links in Academics: Fluency, Comprehension & Written Expression will show you how to link the multisensory learning techniques of the DuBard Association Method® to more advanced reading skills. These multisensory teaching-learning strategies will better connect your students to their academics and reach their fullest potential.
- Seeking Solutions: Is It Dyslexia? addresses commonly used assessment instruments and how results from comprehensive evaluations can be used in planning therapy.
- Ethics for the School-Based SLP covers the history of ethics and takes a look at ASHA's Code of Ethics for SLP's.
- Offsite Trainings are offered to organizations throughout the United States. This option allows employers to provide intensive training to staff with the ease of hosting at their organization.
- Master's Degree in Dyslexia Therapy through The University of Southern Mississippi.
2022-2023 Professional Development Schedule
DOWNLOAD THE 2022-23 DIGITAL CALENDAR
Register for any of our offerings through SRESA
Missing Links: March 20-31, 2023
Seeking Solutions: April 17-May 1, 2023
Ethics Course: June 5-16, 2023
Basic Course: June 19-23, 2023
Custom Program at Your Site - As Requested
Call us at 601-266-5223 for more information.
All courses are held on the Southern Miss Hattiesburg campus unless otherwise noted.
The DuBard School for Language Disorders is an American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) continuing education provider. The professional development program is accredited by the International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council (IMSLEC) and the International Dyslexia Association (IDA). Materials are available to support the DuBard Association Method®. In 1974, the first textbook by the late Dr. Etoile DuBard was published. In 2012, Dr. Maureen K. Martin, the former school director, authored the textbook Oral and Written Communication Disorders, an expanded version of Teaching Language-Deficient Children: Theory and Application of the Association Method for Multisensory Teaching (1994, 1997, 2000) co-authored by Dr. Martin and school founder, Dr. Etoile DuBard.